Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Never Grow Up by Jill

Hey friends!  Have you seen the GORGEOUS Flutterby file in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store?  I think every single one of us on the design team have lost our minds for these beautiful butterflies!

I started by sizing the background file to approximately 8.4 x 8.1 inches, then I cut it two times from white cardstock.  I planned to use one of the cuts as a whole, then place the other cut file in two places on my mixed media background.


I backed the butterflies with a few patterned papers from the same collection, then adhered the full background cut with foam tape so I could slip my photo in behind the butterflies.


The second cut was backed with the same papers, then I cut the file into two pieces so I could place it in two spots on my layout.



I stitched the butterflies down with my sewing machine to show some variation and add texture.  My last step was adding in tons of die cuts and a few flair badges.


I adore these butterflies!  You can count on seeing this cut file as a regular in my scrapbook pages.  Thanks for stopping by The Cut Shoppe blog today!



No comments:

Post a Comment