Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Hello Snow | Elsie Robinson

Hey friends, it's Elsie here with a Wintry page to share with you today!


I love to create big titles on my scrapbook pages, but I don't seem to create them nearly enough! As soon as I saw the 'Hello Snow' title from the Wintry Mix set, I knew it would be the perfect statement title for a page!


I separated the snowflake from the title with the knife tool in my Silhouette software so I could use the snowflake as its own seperate embellishment. 

I cut the snowflakes in various different sizes from different pink patterned papers. I love how whimsical and delicate these snowflakes are!


I sized my title to around 10 inches so it would stretch across most of my 12x12 page, and I cut it from a mint blue paper to contrast with the pink snowflakes.


To create a white border around the title, I used the offset tool and cut the shape from some white cardstock.

I not only love the border this creates, but it also made the paper a lot more stable which meant it was easier to stitch on.


I also cut the asterisk from the Tinsel Town set from some white cardstock to scatter over my background to add some more interest and whimsy!

Thanks for stopping by today everyone; I hope you're inspired to also create statement titles for your pages!







2 comments:

  1. i love your layout! What collection are your embellishments from? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it's all from the Snow & Cocoa Collection by Crate Paper!

      Delete