Thursday, November 16, 2017

New Cut Files | Better Than I Imagined

One of the things I love about cut files, is that there's usually more than one way to use them.  When I designed the new Mums the Word cut file, I was envisioning a fall flower.  But when I sat down at my desk, to work with the design, I decided to use it in more of a general way.  Flowers are always a great image to use on your projects.  I changed up the Mums the Word from fall to everyday, just by the colors and embellishments I chose to use on my layout.


I had this photo in mind from our recent trip to Disney World, and wanted to pair it with the Dream On collection from Pinkfresh Studio.  I cut the flower from White card stock and then cut it again from one of the PF patterned papers to back the outline.  I also incorporated the new Thanks & Giving cut file, by cutting the leaves from the Give Thanks design.  I just trimmed away the excess from the circle and tucked the leaves under my photo.


For the rest of the design, I based all of the embellishments along where the photo met the leaves.  The Better Than I Imagined phrase from the PF ephemera was a perfect fit with my photo.  I loved the look of the finished layout and the pops of color from the PF collection contrasting with the black & white photo.


The Mums the Word cut file is now available in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store!  You can stop by and pick it up, along with our other new designs, or any of your old favorites!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/
 

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, your layout is very beautiful! The Mum file is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete