Friday, October 13, 2017

"Holy Cat" with Jennifer

Hello everyone!

This is Jennifer and I am so excited to share my first layout for The Cut Shoppe!

I am a big fan of using geometric shapes on my layouts - especially triangles or circles. So it's no wonder I instantly fell in love with the circle shape from the Midway cutfile set.




I cut the circle about 10 inches wide with white cardstock and backed it with a light-mint coloured paper from my stash. Because I knew I wold be using embellishments with copper metallic accents I used white thread with copper strands for some hand stitching.



For my title I used the Out Of Line Alpha cutfile and also white cardstock. I backed the letters with a dark blue paper. In the end I probably could have gotten away without backing it because my background paper is nearly the same shade. But I really like the subtle difference between background and backing paper. It works really well together.



The rest of the layout came together really fast. I matted my photo on a bit of white vellum and popped it up with a bit of foam. I added a few star-shaped emebllishments to go with the celestial feel of the layout and finished it of with a few sprinkles of gold Color Shine. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you soon!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment