Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Sparkle

Hi Everyone, Michelle back today with a new layout share, my 2nd last as a member of The Cut Shoppe Design Team. I'm not ready for my time here to end as I've been having way too much fun creating with all the fun cut files Ashley creates. But, as they say, All good things must come to an end. 

Here's what I created this week..


For this layout I've chosen a single file from the free cut file set shared back on National Scrapbooking Day. You can find that HERE. 


I enlarged the file to around 10x10 inches and backed all the open pieces with pattern papers from the Wild at Heart Collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I backed the entire piece before I'd chosen a photo and title so there's a lot of hidden paper piecing behind there lol I also added some machine stitching to accentuate the spirograph design 


I've used a cut apart card for the title and added it to the centre of the cut file design along with the photo, other cards, ephemera strips and stickers.


I've created 2 clusters of embellishments to create some form of a diagonal design across the page, this helps balance the layout, and is my favourite technique when scrapbooking.


Under all those layers is a tonne of foam.. With a large full piece like this, I've used large pieces of fun foam rather than foam tape. It still adds just as much dimension and is more economical to use than the amount of tape needed for something this size.


Well, that's all from me today. I hope this has given you a daily dose of Cut file inspiration. 

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle xx



No comments:

Post a Comment