Monday, May 8, 2017

This sweet face

Hi there scrappy peeps,

Zsoka back with you today with a new layout. 

For today's layout I picked one of the more recent cut files, the Spiral Scallop. I love circles and I love scallops so this was a no brainer!


I decided to use the cut file in two ways: as a stitching template and as a normal cut file.


I used my sketch pen on my Cameo to draw the lines of 4 circles that I arranged the way I wanted them in my Studio program. I then pierced  holes along the lines. You can use the perforate option in the Studio program to do this for you, but I prefer to do it by hand.


I used different color embroidery floss for each circle, all matching the collection I chose to work with: Oh my heart from Paige Evans / Pink Paislee. The smaller circles were a nightmare to stitch to be honest! The lines were so close and I broke my smallest needle a while back so I had to use a bigger one which didn't make my life easier. Or the paper prettier!


I added patterned papers and a photo in the middle of the circles, then embellished them with stickers, ephemera pieces, chipboard stickers, charms, puffy stickers...Then I moved onto the next section of my layout, the die cut scallops.



I printed 4 different sized scallops and apart from the biggest one, I backed them all with patterned papers. Then I just layered them on top of each other, using foam tape between each layer. There's no reason for my doing this, other than I really love layers!



I mixed and matched some thickers and alpha stickers for my title and wrote my journaling along the biggest circle. 



I splattered some bronze ink around my page then I was done!

Hope you like my project and I could inspire you in some small way! See you soon!

X




No comments:

Post a Comment