Saturday, January 7, 2017

Playground

Hello scrappy friends! It's Zinia here with another layout using one of the most recent cut files from the Cut Shoppe etsy store.

A couple of days ago Ashley released a bunch of new cut files among them was "The Half of It" background design.



I started by editing the cut file in Silhouette Studio. I used the offset tool to create a border and turn the holes of the cut file into a "lace". I increased the size of the gap till most of the lines were touching so the cut file would stay all in one piece.


Once it was cut, I decided to try something different. I usually back my cut files with pattern paper and then use a piece of cardstock as my base. In this case, I chose a pattern paper to be my background and backed my cut file using colorful pieces of cardstock.


I stuck the cut file on my base using some foam dots and then I painted the open areas with white ink.


To embellish the page, I chose some bits from my December Hip Kits. I fussy cut some flowers and also picked a few words from the exclusive cut apart sheet and ephemera pack.


I also used a couple of products from the Paige Evans "Take me Away" collection as layers behind my photo and also to embellish.

It was a rather time consuming layout considering the time spent to back the cut file with cardstock but it was fun. I really hope I helped you get inspired to create something with your cut files. Until next time, happy scrapping :)

1 comment: