Saturday, October 29, 2016

October Favorite

It's almost Halloween, and I have to admit that it is not my favorite holiday. However, the adorable cut files, digital collection, and acrylic that are available in The Cut Shoppe are enough to sway me.






To begin this project, I used a sketch pen in my Silhouette to draw the spider web included in the Ghost Town digital/printable scrapbook collection. With the web drawn on my cardstock, I then hand-stitched with black yarn  to create a thick outer border. Next, I machine-stitched the inner portions of the web with black thread.



To create the banner, I printed patterned papers from the Ghost Town collection and used the Happy Haunting cut file. I then layered another printable (black strip with white stars) with a sticker and sentiment from Pretty Little Studio's Oakley Avenue collection by Ashley Horton.



Next came the bats from the Wicked Good file that I attached with double-sided foam for dimension.



The photo is anchored on a 4x6 card and patterned papers from Oakley Avenue in addition to a printable from Ghost Town. If you look closely, you can see that I printed this piece on my laser printer and foiled it with my Minc. The effect is subtle, but adds that little bit of bling to the layout.



I finished the project with the acrylic Halloween sentiment from The Cut Shoppe and various embellishments from Oakley Avenue and Ghost Town.

The final touch was a few enamel dots along with Abby's initials and the year the picture was taken. Please be sure to stop by The Cut Shop Etsy store for these adorable products and more.

Thank you for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment