Thursday, September 17, 2015

Throwback Thursday | Hello Summer Sun

Do you ever need or want to get a page done, but for whatever reason, it's just not happening?  Could be because of no free time to scrap, no mojo or being sick or one of the kids being sick.  Well, I've had that problem this week...being sick!  Yuck!  But I still needed to get my layout done for today's post.  I decided to go with a simple solution and create a grid design, using the Get Your Grid On background cut file!




https://www.etsy.com/listing/196683075/the-get-your-grid-on-background-cut-file?ref=shop_home_active_16

I love that this cut file is easy to use, but packs a great design punch on your layout!  I cut the Get Your Grid On cut file from one of my favorite papers in the Crate Paper Poolside collection.  And since I didn't want the layout overly busy, I layered it over White cardstock.  I cut several of the patterned papers with my paper trimmer to fit inside some of the grid squares.  I didn't want my photo to fill up the whole square, so I sized them down to 2.25x2.25 inches and layered them over a patterned paper.  The other great thing about grids, is the ability to add in a lot of embellishments!  I placed a mix of embellishments from the Poolside collection around the layout, to balance the dimension and texture.

So if you're looking for a quick and easy way to get your next layout done, stop by The Cut Shoppe and pick up the Get Your Grid On background cut file!

Supplies:  Get Your Grid On cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Brads, Chipboard, Stickers, Bits & Enamel Dots:  Crate Paper; Flair Buttons:  A Flair for Buttons; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment