Thursday, May 21, 2015

Cleveland Zoo

Hi everyone!  I'm excited to be back today, sharing a new layout and the newest cut file sets that are available in The Cut Shoppe!  I have to say, that these are three of my new favorite sets, but I just knew I had to use the Sci-Fi Cirlces background for my layout today.  But the Picture Perfect set and Talk the Talk set, will definitely be used for upcoming layouts!  Here's a look at what I created!




https://www.etsy.com/listing/234133244/the-sci-fi-circles-background-cut-file?ref=shop_home_active_7

The Sci-Fi Circles background is perfect for adding a lot of your favorite patterned papers and incorporating a lot of photos.  I backed most of the circle shapes with patterned papers from the Pink Paislee Atlas and Solstice collections.  The I printed several zoo photos and used a 2 inch circle punch to cut them out.  I decided to place the photos on the outer edges of the cut file and create a large title in the center of the layout.  Once I had my photos, title and embellishments in place, I chose several different colored coordinating embroidery flosses and stitched around the edges of some of the circle shapes.  I love the added texture the stitching adds to the layout.

If you plan to stop by The Cut Shoppe to check out the Sci-Fi Circles background, don't miss out on the other two new sets this week!  Here's a look at what's been added to the Shop!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

We've got some fun things planned for the month of June, so make sure you stay up to date on everything that's going on, by subscribing to our FREE Weekly Newsletter!

Supplies:  Sci-Fi Circles cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper & Bits:  Pink Paislee; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons; Thickers & Stickers:  American Crafts; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/
 

2 comments:

  1. Super cute cut file
    and thanks for adding
    it to my win files!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable!! I love the way you used that cool cut file!! It rocks!!! Such an awesome page! ❤️

    ReplyDelete